Friday, May 8, 2009

How I got started.

So, I was interest in cake decorating when I first graduated from highschool, but I decided to try nursing and forgot about decorating cakes. It wasn't until a few months ago when a elderly lady that I take care of told me that she likes cupcakes, that I was reminded of how much I like to decorate. So I made her some spring basket weave cupcakes. Then, I decided to turn that Idea into a cake.
Here is my first cake:


It was a spice recipe cake with buttercream frosting. I used royal icing to make the roses.
First time doing the basket weave on a cake. Came out pretty good though.


In the cake mix I added a cup of walnuts, and a 1/2 Cup of raisins. You can make any box cake taste like it was made from scratch.

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog thru cherryonacake. Hey not bad, you did a good decorating work. I am not a bake, but I like to see cake deco.

    ReplyDelete